United Skates Figure Skating Association (USFSA) is a club membership-based organization. Members belong to clubs and club members are registered with the USFSA.
The Hickory Hill Figure Skating Club (HHFSC) began in the early 70’s in Northern Westchester at the Harvey School rink. An active club from the start, it had a successful synchronized team, developed a strong emphasis on ice dancing as well as freestyle skating and produced many events, including “Broadway on Ice” and the yearly Skate Hickory Competition.
In the 80’s, the club grew in membership and gained ice time, which fostered the development of gold medalists, national competitors and judges. All Hickory Hill gold medalists are inscribed in our “Hickory Hill Gold Medalists Hall of Fame”.
When the Palisades Center Ice Rink was built in West Nyack, NY and watnted a Learn-to-Skate Basic Skills program, they contacted HHFSC to sponsor them.
The Hickory Hill is USFSA member club. The USFSA is the governing body of figure skating in the US. The club conducts tests, competition, and other club events. The volunteer efforts of club members are the “staff” of skating clubs.
Why Hickory Hill FSC?
The Value and Benefits of Membership:
- Have a very active Board and Club providing representation at Governing Council Meetings where decisions affecting Figure Skating are made.
- Have a Club web site maintained to provide up-to-date information useful to skaters.
- Have an E-mail listing which allows the Club members to receive monthly updates on upcoming events.
- May enjoy many social opportunities provided to Club members through skating sessions and planned events.
- Are provided Test Sessions.
- Pay Test fees at a reduced price since the Club pays the hourly ice fee.
- Receive a USFSA badge for having passed tests.
- Will be given Awards/Recognition at year-end for most tests passed.
- Will be subsidized when traveling to qualifying competitions and representing HHFSC.
- Have access to USFSA grant programs for qualified athletes, supporting those deemed most deserving through the Memorial Fund, Competitive Skater Assistance Program, and Academic Scholarship Program.
- Will have qualified coaching staff for Dance, Freestyle and Synchronized skating.
- Are offered school notification for your skating accomplishments.
- May purchase Club apparel. Warm up suits bearing the Club logo may be obtained. (see our website.)
The Club Provides:
- Programs to further education and development of club skaters.
- A Club Sanction Officer. (Sanctions are issued by the USFSA to protect the eligibility of its members. With few exceptions, all carnivals, exhibitions, appearances, or entertainment of any kind where USFSA skaters participate must be sanctioned. Contact us for more information.)
- A yearly Skate Hickory competition.
- An annual banquet featuring Skater Recognition Awards and Exhibition by club skaters.
Be a part of Hickory Hill Volunteer and become involved with the club, it’s fun! Please contact membership@ hhfsc.org